Shrimp Pad Thai
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 120gm Pad Thai Noodle
- 12-15 small to medium raw shrimp, shells removed
- 2 Tbsp black soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 cups bean sprouts
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- handful fresh coriander/cilantro
- 1/3 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. cooking oil
- PAD THAI SAUCE:
- 3Tbs Amway Chicken and Scallop sauce
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- ½ a lemon
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Dunk in noodles and boil until they are limp but still firm and a little "crunchy" to taste. The noodles should be undercooked, as they will be fried later. Rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Toss shrimp in 1 Tbsp. pad thai sauce and set aside.
- Warm a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. oil and swirl around, then add garlic. Stir-fry 1 minute and add the shrimp. Stir-fry 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and plump. Set aside ingredients and drizzle a little more oil into the pan.
- Crack in eggs, Add noodles and drizzle over 1/3 of the pad Thai sauce. Using a gentle turning motion, stir-fry everything together. Add more sauce every 30 seconds to 1 minute until sauce is used up and noodles begin to get sticky and chewy tasting.
- Turn off heat. Add in bean sprouts and green onion.